2021 Here We Come!
I don’t know about you, but 2020 sure did turn out a lot different than I was thinking it would like be at this time last year. My, how our world can change in an instant. Shows you never can tell. Another reason to enjoy the moment you are living in, because no one really knows the events that lie before us. Except for God.
I am sure many of you cannot wait for the ball to drop, ringing in the new year. Most think they want this year to be over. It will happen, that’s for sure.
But the world doesn’t care what year it is. Shit is still going to happen whether it is December 10th or January 21st. The question I have for you is: How are you going to remember this year?
2020 is the year that we...
- Learned to love being home.
- Got all of the stuff we have been meaning to do actually done.
- Realized the importance of spending time with our family and how much they missed us.
- Practiced proper hygiene.
- Learned to slow down.
- Asked for help.
- Gave help to others.
- Improved our relationship with God.
- Turned off the news and said goodbye to negativity and drama.
- Learned that we can cook better than most restaurants.
- Realized the importance of our health and well-being and took the time to care about the same for others around us.
- Figured out that human relationships and their cultivation is way more important that we had ever imagined.
- Finally understood that all of those things we had to do, really didn’t have to be done and spending time with those that we love far outweighed unnecessary busyness.
- Didn’t feel guilty for saying “no” anymore.
- Should not take anything for granted.
I don’t know what you are thinking, but I believe those are some pretty powerful lessons. I know that we can list off about 100 or more additional truths, but then my blog post would be too long. :) You get the point though. The wisdom that we gained from making it though this year, is far more valuable than losing that 10 lbs that we wanted to at the end of last year.
2021, I don’t know what you have in store for me...for all of us. What I do have faith in is that at the end, everything is going to be alright. I am not making any goals for this coming year. I feel like I have come beyond that. I am going to just sit back and continue to work on my relationships, take care of my physical and mental health and enjoy the heck out of each precious moment that I have. Not much else matters.
Thank you so much for reading today. I hope that I made you smile and think a little bit. Be sure to check out my Podcast on iTunes, Soundcloud and Stitcher ---- Jen’s 10 G’s